A half-day workshop was conducted on June 7, 2015 during the ASCE T&DI conference in Miami, Florida. About forty (40) professionals participated in the event. The workshop provided an overview of recent research and implementation examples on the application of pavement preservation techniques to enhance the pavement sustainability.
The workshop covered the following topics:
- Introduction to pavement preservation and its methods
- Assessment of existing pavement and selection of treatments for preservation
- Construction and QC/QA, for preservation
- Performance of treatments and their impact on safety, noise, durability etc.
- Effect of pavement preservation on LCCA and LCA
The workshop combined well established best practices as well as some recent research findings. The instructors of the workshop were:
- Imad Al-Qadi, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jorge Prozzi, University of Texas at Austin
- Karim Chatti, Michigan State University
- Jeffery Roesler, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Hasan Ozer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- John Harvey, University of California, Davis